Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The New G.I. Joe toys through the eyes of a fan.

This is how a G.I. Joe fan sees the new toy line.  The following wasn't written just by a customer, but also by a close personal friend who has great insight on the G.I. Joe line.  He collects the new figures and often will tell me how he played with the 80's figures as a child.  When I thought about posting anything on the new Joes, the first person that came to mind was Chaz Watkins, since these toys have been something special to him most of his life.  I thank you for taking the time to write this and will hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I have.


The new upcoming Retaliation line looks to be promising; of course we seen the first wave which included movie versions of Cobra Commander, Zartan, Duke, Roadblock and a few others-with waves two and three coming to stores soon I for one am pleased to announce that some of the greatest characters of the past are slated to be making a return; for instance, Night Viper...he was always one of the sweetest looking Cobra troopers ever, we're also getting an updated Alley Viper among many others. Those are just a few that I have seen thus far, and what about the Renegades line that was put on hiatas by Hasbro? I am pleased to announce that I also seen some updates for those figures as well, being the Cayote vehicle from the cartoons; hopefully we'll be seeing more figures from the cartoon series as well. The G.I.Joe franchise is one that I grew up loving and as a collector I am very excited to see what they bring back and where the line will go in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment